Internships are temporary work arrangements that may be paid or unpaid. Internships can be done by students, graduates, researchers, and professionals. The concept of internships is very popular among students. Hardly anyone, though, knows the other side of the story.
These are the questions that can only be answered by the employers
How do employers feel about hiring an intern? Why do they just give away chances to work for them and pay money? What do they try to get out of internships? Read on to find out.
Why do they just give away chances to work for them and pay money? What do they try to get out of internships? Read on to find out.
What do they try to get out of their interns?
Read on to find out.
The first thing that an employer ponders is whether the position requires an internship or a normal job. The following important things are taken into consideration.
- Duration of the arrangement
- Significance of the workers’ output to the business
- Nature of work done
- Measure of the benefits received by the worker and company
The last point is very interesting. The benefits received by an intern might be more than that by the organisation. This brings us to the question- why do they provide us such benefits? It is not very likely that random people will just give you pocket money, certificates, letter of recommendation and work experience. Let us find out the benefits that employers get when they hire interns.
- Value for money: The interns are paid at much lower rates than employees who are hired for the most basic tasks. Especially for startups and small business groups, this is a win-win situation way to get cheap and energetic man power where both the company and the intern benefit mutually.
- Goodwill: The companies give opportunities to youngsters and help their careers. This is a very nice thing to do. To add to that, the interns give out positive feedback about the organisation and the work culture. This, in turn, is a marketing for the company.
- May lead to finding top talent: The market of work force is a tricky one. Finding able workers before a price tag is slapped on them can be crucial. Internship programs are to companies what youth academies are to sports teams.
- Enhance perspective: There is no one who can deny the fact that youngsters are the best innovators. Young workers can bring so many new ideas which may revolutionize the work being done at the company.
All these things are looked at by employers before they start an internship program. These basic principles along with the goals of a company should always be kept in mind before applying for an internship.
If you wish to benefit from these internships, please visit our website for a huge range of internships by clicking here