Apple computers, Inc. was founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. At Apple, a holistic view of diversity that looks beyond the usual measurements is taken into consideration. A view that includes the varied perspectives of anyone who aspires to a future in tech. Because we know new ideas come from diverse ways of seeing things.
Internships can be a great way to get into the corporate Apple world without previous experience. Internships can be a unique opportunity, allowing you to get the experience that you need while being able to network and make connections.
What makes an internship at Apple so awesome?
- The best thing about an Apple internship is that you get to do real work on real projects. And the culture is such that other people listen to your ideas and opinions as if you were a permanent employee.
- Another great thing about an Apple internship is the pay: Apple internships are among the highest paid of any intern positions.
- Apple also helps you out with the things, like housing. They’ll arrange housing for you with two other interns, ideally from cultures that are very different from yours.
Apple offers internship in the following sectors:
- Research & Development
- Human Resourses
- Information Systems and Technology
- Customer Management and Service
- Product Management
So how do you land an internship with Apple?
- The first step is to search the Apple job board for internship opportunities.
- Start something big.
- Link in.
- Create a portfolio.
- Start freshman year
- Do some relevant volunteer work.
You won’t be surprised that Apple are incredibly selective in their interviews. Typically Apple conducts two rounds of interviews. The first one is a group based discussion in which a person is interviewed by 5 Apple employees. The second round is more about competency-based questions.
Perks of working for Apple:
The biggest perk of working at Apple is the feeling that your work really matters and has an impact on the world. You get to work with really brainy people. The work environment is more mature and organized when compared to other tech companies. You are sure to love the discounts you get on Apple products.
Glassdoor lists the following rates of pay reported by Apple staff:
- Specialist – £8.73 hourly
- Family Room Specialist – £9.03 hourly
- Creative – £24,469
- Mac Genius – £27,520 per year
This link is a one-stop for anyone looking forward to work with Apple
The road to getting into Apple may be a tedious one full of ups and downs. But at the end awaits the life of your dreams. Being an employee at Apple has its own life changing benefits.