Thomso is the annual youth festival of Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee recognized as one of the greatest and the grandest youth festivals of India. Thomso encompasses in itself lavish history, splendid culture and a profoundly rich heritage of IIT Roorkee. IIT Roorkee, earlier known as Thomason College of Civil Engineering (1853-1948) was established in 1847 in British India by the then lieutenant governor, Sir James Thomason. The fest took the name "Thomso" in 1982 inspired by the founder, and holds to it to this day. Recognising this event of gargantuan proportions, the Government of Uttarakhand proclaimed Thomso as the "Annual Youth Festival of Uttarakhand". The fest plays host to the most strikingly talented scholars and academicians from all over the country, attracts media moguls and celebrates the divine congregation of culture and intellect. With a behemothic footfall of more than 40,000 students, comprising several IITs and NITs, Thomso becomes the abode of this ambrosial combination.
Website - www.thomso.in
Facebook - www.facebook.com/thomsoiitroorkee/
The following are the brief details of events:
- Battle of Band, M.J.G.F. and Sargam- The three events of the music section that will move the audiences and will strike a chord with them.
- Footloose, StepUp and Flash Mob- Some astounding dance performances in these events organised under the choreo section will certainly impress you.
- Campus Diva, Vogue, Mr & Ms Thomso- Events under the fashion section that will leave you awestruck and mesmerized.
- Literati, Spin a yarn, open mic, slam poetry- The plethora of events under the literary section for those who are passionate about literature.
- Auction Frenzy, Corporate, Mark sense- Organised under the marketing and finance section, these events will deal with financial knowledge and economic awareness.
- Spin A yarn
- Open Mic
- Slam Poetry
- Book Pitching
- Writers First
- Desi Twist
- Haiku Workshop
- Comic Workshop
Accomodation will be provided by the IITR Insitute itself.
Book your Tickets at www.thomso.in/register