OpenCV is a library of cross platform programming functions aimed at real time Computer Vision. It was designed for computational efficiency and with a strong focus on real-time applications, video and image processing. Python is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than would be possible in languages such as C. The language provides constructs intended to enable clear programs on both a small and large scale. The growing demand of integrating OpenCV with python promises clear cut solutions to image processing problems. Since the tools are open source, researchers can exploit the freedom and possibilities of expansion. Wide spread applications in the field of robotics underlines the scope of OpenCV for image processing and other similar techniques to address real world complexities.This Faculty Development Programme (FDP) is conducted to enhance the better interaction in between institution and industry which is very much essential for the today’s competitive world. It makes a good platform for showcasing better practice, latest technological developments and their implementation and impact on the industry. The main objective of the interaction between industry and academia is to improve the research and development activities.
This FDP encourages faculties to interact with industry in all possible ways with the spirit of deriving mutual benefits. The interactions are of different types viz, joint research programs and field studies by faculty and people from industry, professional consultancy by the faculties to the industries, participation of experts from industry to curriculum development, project works in the industries under joint guidance of the faculties and experts from industry
Training objectives is to
- Familiarize with Python Scripting and explore OpenCV libraries.
- Get hold on the fundamentals of Image processing.
- To study the recent engineering problems in data processing and image processing.
- To evolve effective optimized algorithms on image processing problems.
- To develop new methods and algorithms for training purpose for effective teaching and research.
- Implementing Image processing algorithms.
- To discuss the varies technique and applications in OpenCV, image processing, speech processing, video processing, etc.
- To make the researchers to move into the field of real time image processing.
- To make the faculties to train the students to generate interest among the students towards the field of image processing and computer vision and also familiarize the students with the practical aspects of this field and gradually teach them the industrial usage of image processing for control applications, applications, quality inspections and robotic control systems.
- To train faculties to explore research opportunities and carryout studious searches for new discovery or innovative interpretations.
- To train faculties to encourage students to take-up related projects with their academic environment.
- To provide end-user specific needs adoptable and suitable system developments.
- Aims at capacity boundary of faculty for applying computer vision technologies to the applications of interest like medical image processing, human body motion analysis and multimedia applications.
- To equip teachers with skills and knowledge in the field of computer vision, speech processing, image processing, video processing that are essential for inculcating learning values in students and guiding and monitoring their progress towards their carrier.
Level of Participants
This workshop is designed for
- Faculties from AICTE recognized engineering colleges and poly technique colleges.
- Anticipating for research from industry and government departments.
- Pursuing research scholars.
- Who are interested in knowing the research trends.
Level of guest speakers
For this workshop speakers are invited:
- From eminent institutions like IISc, IIT’s, NIT’s and industries, who are interested in research fields.
- Research scholars who are interested to share their knowledge.
- Academicians from some of the technical institutions of National Interest.
Level of activity (Regional / National / International ) and target audience
Level of activity: National Level
Target audience: Faculties from AICTE recognized engineering colleges and polytechnique colleges. Also anticipating for research from industry and government departments.
All shortlisted candidates are required to confirm their participation by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.500/- in favor of “The Principal, KIT, Tiptur”. The above amount will be refunded to the participant after valedictory function.