Business-as-usual approach is no longer relevant with an increasing pressure on depleting resources and there is an urgent need to decouple growth from environmental damage. Building sustainable entrepreneurship is the need of the hour. Green Shift aims at unlocking the potential of young entrepreneurs to consider the triple bottom line – people, planet and profit and encourages them to contribute towards solutions for a safe climate and clean economies.
Participants are encouraged to form teams and find holistic business solutions which integrate environment and community with business and are not focussed on profits alone. Participants are required to associate themselves with one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as outlined by the United Nations in the Agenda 2030, identify a business or community problem/challenge related to the theme, build a strong business plan for the exigent issue and pitch the idea to us.
Associate – Identify – Build – Pitch
- The problem identiﬁed must be real and not a hypothetical one.
- Presentation of the business idea should be backed with approximate ﬁnancial and market viability.
- Technical Speciﬁcations
- Participants must register on the Climate Jamboree website. specifying a Sustainable Development Goal relevant to their plan.
- The team must select a name and a logo with which they will be identiﬁed.
- The team is required to submit a business plan with a presentation detailing their theme. problem/challenge along with the solution within the deadline.
- The report should be of maximum 8 pages.
- Shortlisted entries will move to the next round and present the business plan on campus at "Pravaah". The participants will make a 15-minute
long presentation followed by 5 minutes of questions and answers (further details and instructions will be provided to the participants)
- Top three winners from "Pravaah". will be invited to present at Climate Jamboree in lront of an audience comprised of 10,000 people including
youth leaders, civil society visionaries, NGOS. government oflicers and industry leaders.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions online before proceeding with the registration process
- Winning business plans to receive seed funding for on-ground implementation
- Opportunity to work with top industry experts in the field of business and sustainability
- Mentorship towards sustainable business development, wherever applicable
- Opportunity to pilot a business plan through simulation of a real – world business scenario with strict timelines and clear deliverables
- Opportunity to obtain feedback on the business plan and engage with a live audience
Registration is free !
1.Rationale behind choosing the project
2.Relevance for the business and community
3.The major challenge identified in business or community
4.The sustainable solution pertaining to the challenge
5. The market and financial viability of the business plan presented
6.How the solution addresses the sustainability (environmental/ social) concerns?
Register on the Climate jamboree website