Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology is proud to make announcement of its annual Mega event VISAI 2020, 10th International Project Competition & Exhibition on 24th & 25th Feb 2020 at our campus in Avadi, Chennai.
This International Project Competition & Exhibition is an endeavour aimed at leveraging and providing opportunity to the talent available in university/college to work on global challenges with futuristic technology ideas.
Vel Tech have launched this new initiative since 2011 as a way of spotting and rewarding the finest engineering graduates through nation-wide initiative, by presenting the students with “Real-world Engineering Challenges”, which the students will have the opportunity to address through their Project work.
This Project exhibition gives an opportunity to the students to bring their best through Projects under various themes in meeting the goals of National Mission and National Grand Challenges for transforming India.
The Benefits of participation:
- Apart from awards, innovative projects have the opportunity to get incubation support financially up to Rs.10 lakhs from VEL TECH Technological Business Incubator.
- Students get an opportunity to showcase their projects directly to the companies visiting the Exhibition leading to enhancement of technical knowledge, its application in industry with further scope for improvement making the project implementable in industry. Vel Tech has collaboration with more than 2500 industries and these industries are invited to participate.
- This forum since being conducted by Vel Tech every year, the visiting industries provide employment to a number of students after seeing their Projects and their communication skill.
- Further the students can patent their projects.
- Innovative Projects get nomination for funding by agencies for further research to the next level.
Vel Tech invites students to participate in large number to get the benefits.Students are advised to submit projects under any one of the following themes:
1. Clean water and Sanitation
2. Affordable and Clean Energy
3. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
4. Sustainable cities and communities
5. Responsible Consumption and Production
6. Climate Action
7. Life Below Water
8. Life on Land
While selecting the Themes, extreme care is taken to cover all branches of Engineering and hence the students who are already doing their project as part of academic preparation should have no difficulty in matching the theme.Students may also suitably modify their present projects with additional features to come under any one of the above themes.
The best projects in each Theme will be selected for awards and Prizes. We have declared a prize money Rs.1,50,000 for the winners and also Surprise Gifts will be awarded.